Director, Channel Tools
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryThe Inbound Sales team within Comcast is looking for
a Director, Channel tools. This strategic role requires a leader
with deep expertise in call center sales tools including agent
desktops, chat, virtual agents, telephony, analytics and other
technologies used to support sales operations. As a leader you will
define and deliver end to end technology strategies that combine
people, processes and technology to provide a great customer
experience and drive sales. The ideal candidate will also have
strong relationship building and leadership expertise along with
exceptional communication and collaboration skills.Job
- Tools Strategy & Alignment
- Drive strategies that ensure that customer and employees are at
the center of our user experience
- Serve as the voice of the channel with technology organization
including delivering executive updates to business
- Support stakeholder engagement, interacting closely with a
matrixed cross functional team (both wireless and cable) in order
to secure alignment and solution excellence
- Ensure channel tools and solutions leverage existing platforms
and capabilities wherever possible, and where appropriate
foundational platforms do not yet exist, partner with enterprise
owners to ensure the appropriate wireless product support
- Foster an environment of empowerment, openness, inclusion, and
objectivity all while striving to deliver solutions that benefit
the entire company
- Maintain plan and roadmap as priorities and dependencies
- Align all stakeholders on strategy and approach in order to
ensure effective and efficient development
- Align technology roadmap to strategic KPIs as defined by key
stakeholders to demonstrate measureable improvement in the customer
and employee experience
- Work across teams to define processes that enable continuous
and measureable improvements to the customer and employee
- New Tool Enhancement and Issue Resolution
- Drive issue identification, prioritization and resolution and
report on status to key stakeholders
- Lead review and clarification discussions on new requests
- Lead initial feasibility assessment if needed (t-shirt
- Lead high-level business requirements documentation
- Facilitate prioritization of requests including ensuring the
associated business justification is createdCore Responsibilities
- Accountable for defining future state 'Best-in-Class' solutions
and ensuring the successful deployment for all of the operational
components for the strategic systems. Focus areas include Sales,
Marketing and ordering service.
- Partner with National and Division Inbound Sales teams to
implement frontline tools that align with strategic objectives and
deliver business value.
- Identify and deliver improvements to the Xfinity Assistant
sales intents and other chat related frontline tools while
maintaining close coordination with the unassisted teams.
- Reduces variation from processes so that simplification is
obtained and operational efficiencies are gained.
- Creates clearly defined and mutually agreeable success metrics
for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track,
monitor and measure the success of those metrics.
- Uses a methodical yet collaborative approach to each project
by: 1) Measuring the process and questioning the capability and
quality, 2) Defining the problem statement, 3) Performing a gap
analysis between the customers' expectation and current process
performance, 4) Standardizing solutions around best practices and
5) Repeating the steps for continuous improvement.
- Develops repeatable and thus scalable, plans and processes in
order to speed time to market and improve operational
- Interacts closely with a matrixed cross-functional team (both
field and corporate) in order to secure alignment and solution
- Fosters an environment of empowerment, openness, inclusion and
objectivity all while striving to deliver solutions that benefit
the entire organization.
- Works with our HR counterparts and identifies plans for change
management, communication and training needs.
- Responsible for all commitments within assigned organization
and dependencies across the department.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Minimum
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Generally requires 10+ years of experience
- Hands-on ownership of enterprise employee tool(s)
- Hands-on working knowledge of sales and customer service
functionality in a call center environment
- History of successful management and delivery of enterprise
- Practical experience in Sales, Customer Service, Operations,
MIS, and/or IT areas
- Deep understanding of Business Process Management
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving cross-functional
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project leadership
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress
multiple projects in parallel
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and demonstrated
- Self-starter that uses creative problem solving skills to
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to tell the story to any level/function within the
organization both verbally and written
- A passion to transform our customer experience and employee
experience to create a world class experience
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- History of productive collaboration across multiple levels of
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with all
- Ability to negotiate to a win-win resolution for all
- Ability to use personal influence to build positive working
relationships with subject matter expertsEmployees at all levels
are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience10 Years
+Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: administrative officer, administrative staff, associate,
chief operations officer, facilities, front office, food,
operational assistant, operational support, records management
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Director, Channel Tools, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!