Sr. Medical Director, Dermatology & IAI
Company: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery,
development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet
serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and
autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of
research and development excellence to improve the lives of
patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable
value. The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class
and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large
and small molecules. Job Summary (Primary function)
The Sr. Medical Dir, Derm, US MA, Inflammation and Autoimmunity is
responsible for programs and deliverables through partnership with
Medical Science Liaisons, Scientific Communications, Publications,
Clinical Development, and the Commercial Team. The incumbent is
accountable for high quality execution of Medical Affairs
activities including establishing and maintaining key partnerships
and collaborations, and support of relationships with external
experts, both directly, and in conjunction with, the Medical
Science Liaison team. Essential Functions of the Job (Key
- Provide support for planning and execution of the Medical
Affairs program strategy for ruxolitinib cream.
- Expertly deliver scientific and medical information and
interpretation of clinical research findings.
- Serve as medical leader and subject matter expert in
- Provide medical expertise in a cross-functional environment to
field based medical science liaisons as well as internal
stakeholders (Medical Affairs functions, Marketing Department,
Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs,
Biostatistics, and Drug Safety/ Pharmacovigilance Department, Sales
- Participate in the design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of
Medical Affairs led clinical trials and observational studies.
- Provide medical review and expertise and serve as medical
monitor for independent investigator-sponsored research (IIR).
- Provide Medical expertise to the Commercial organization,
including review of promotional materials, sales training, and
speaker training for promotional programs.
- Interface with external experts and health care professionals
at major medical conferences, advisory boards, and other external
- Provision of medical/scientific expertise for relevant
marketing materials (including all promotional material) copy
review in the Medical-Legal-Regulatory (MLR) Committee.
- Interact with the Global and EU Medical Affairs function at
Novartis, our partner for activities outside of the U.S.
- Develop, track, execute and report on goals and
- Be accountable for compliant business practices. Qualifications
(Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and
- Board Certified or Board Eligible status in dermatology, or
allergy and immunology, or Internal Medicine (equivalent foreign
- Pharmaceutical industry work experience of at least five (5)
years highly preferred. Minimum of 2 years of direct Medical
- Experience with new product launch, preferably in dermatology
and autoimmunity is highly desirable.
- Experience in atopic dermatitis and vitiligo is a plus.
- Experience as either Medical Monitor for Industry-sponsored
studies or (principal or associate) Clinical Investigator in
- Medical Affairs, Understanding of Clinical Development and
Commercial activities is preferred.
- Ability to partner effectively with Field Medical staff is
- Strong clinical insight, understanding of translational
medicine and knowledge of clinical trials, including registries,
and successful prior experience in the management of an IIR
- Strong business acumen, vision and perspective.
- Ability to comprehend and combine complex sets of data.
- Ability to educate internal stakeholders on disease state
and/or product/ brand-specific information.
- Ability to present and discuss complex clinical, medical,
biological, or translational data. Disclaimer: The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify
such duties as required. Incyte Corporation is committed to
creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We Respect Your Privacy Learn more at: The
Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage
your job application in order to enter into an employment
relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that
will screen out your application if you do not meet certain
objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about
this process here. You may have the right to access, delete,
restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data.
You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority
responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is
based or where you live or work. You can learn more about Incyte s
data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can
learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it,
whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the
personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or
transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for
Incyte, Incyte s data protection officer, and your supervisory
authority (if applicable). Please contact ...@incyte.com if you
have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your
rights. 1420 Spring Hill Road
McLean, VA 22102
Keywords: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved, Philadelphia , Sr. Medical Director, Dermatology & IAI, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!