Associate Director, Biostatistics
Company: Jazz Pharma
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Overview: Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international
biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by
identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products
that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our
commercial product portfolio and our research and development
pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding
of the patient journey and a suite of products and product
candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know
Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Responsibilities: The Associate Director,
Biostatistics will be functioning as a statistical lead for the CNS
therapeutic area with Medical Affairs. This position will work
collaboratively with clinicians, publication leads,
biostatisticians, and statistical programmers in the planning,
conduct, and analysis for medical communications and phase 4/post
marketing commitment studies.Essential Functions
- Lead the biostatistics function and personnel in the CNS
therapeutic area within Medical Affairs.
- Develop and execute statistical strategy, design, and analyses
to support medical communications and phase 4 clinical trials.
- Individually contribute and support a compound within the CNS
therapeutic area supporting medical affairs.
- Oversee biostatisticians leading other compounds within the CNS
therapeutic area within medical affairs.
- Work with department head, peer management, and employees to
develop, implement, and maintain department standards and
- Work collaboratively with other members on the Medical
Communications team as well as clinical investigators and
statistical collaborators outside of the company to prepare
abstracts, posters, and manuscripts to publish study results and
support presentations at scientific meetings
- Provide scientifically sound analyses that answer questions
requested by the Medical Information team
- Review publications, marketing materials, and education and
training materials that contain clinical data and product
- Participate in Publication Planning Meetings as a Biostatistics
representative; contribute to publication planning including
statistical and analytical requirements for clinical studies,
projects, publications, and communication plans
- Perform post-hoc analyses of existing databases and
meta-analyses as needed and appropriate. Participate in global
publication teams to drive strategy and provide statistical
- Stay informed with data being generated in current clinical
- Participate in the design, analysis, and publication of results
from post marketing commitments and phase 4 studies.
- Approximately 10-15% travel is necessaryMinimum Requirements
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology/Public
Health (or related field), with 8+ years of industry experience in
- Experience supporting publication of analysis results (e.g.
abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Experience in supporting congress presentations and publishing
in peer-reviewed clinical journals
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical trial design and
- Proficient in SAS; knowledge of other statistical applications
and programming languages a plus
- Excellent in oral and written communications
- Able to prioritize and drive results with a high commitment to
- Good organization and project management skills
- Able to adjust to changing priorities Jazz Pharmaceuticals is
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by
Keywords: Jazz Pharma, Philadelphia , Associate Director, Biostatistics, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!