Company: Schindler Elevator Corporation
Posted on: May 25, 2020
General ManagerLocation: Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania, United
Requisition ID: 39947
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Philadelphia, PA.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading
global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services.
Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all
over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000
employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler
Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the
Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading
global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks.
Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in
North America. The company specializes in latest-technology
engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products
designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and
reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known
buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the
Bank of America Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys
Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Mobility is the goalMobility is the goal
- Develop and execute plans to support implementation of
territory operations and office quality initiatives to achieve
strategic plan objectives.
- Manage, mentor and lead within territory all assigned District,
Branch and Business Unit Managers as well as District Service
Managers and the large constituency of Sales Representatives and
- Develop and execute a customer service strategy to ensure
positive service and satisfaction with customers.
- Develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with key
customers and influential industry consultants through personal
contact and staff assignments.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of Territory operation's
BDP program for field installation cost improvement goals on each
product line by utilizing process step objectives.
- Plan, schedule and assign workload requirements interfacing
skill levels of field, marketing and administrative personnel to
the needs of the Territory operation through PMS job elements,
activities and performance reviews.
- Develop and recommend administrative, field and marketing
budgets and control expenditures within approved budget
- Initiate procedures and leadership practices to create a
business environment for participative management; pro-active labor
relations with local business agents; maintain high morale of
subordinates and be strong, aggressive supporter of business unit's
management philosophy and practices.
- Develop and execute annual Territory business plan in support
of Area operation's financial and non-financial objectives.
Mobility needs you
Mobility needs you
Required level of education to perform the essential functions
including any specialized education requirements, licenses and/or
- MBA or MA in related field
- BA/BS Business / Management / Engineering
- Possess overall knowledge of product and product application;
installation and service techniques and procedures; ability to
understand financial statements; legal awareness to contract terms
- Work Experience
- Computer Skills:
Required knowledge of software and/or any programs to be used
including the level of expertise.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. SAP
experience is preferred.
- Problem Solving:
Nature and complexity of problems required to be solved, and the
level of analysis, independent judgment, and planning required to
- Administer field resources to satisfy customer requirements for
installation and service of products to Division objectives for
quality, reliability and profitability.
- Allocation of human and financial resources for cost
effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and advise change in sales and field coverage, new
products, price realization and competitor's actions.
- Recognizing internal and external changes occurring in business
environment and adjusting the resource focus to capitalize on those
- Additional skills:
Other required skills (i.e., communication, project management,
- Minimum work experience required including any specific job
related experience and years of experience, which would serve as
Ten to fifteen years in various assignments within the Company, in
the Elevator industry, or in another service oriented business.
Minimum ten years of experience managing a full P&L for an
- Persuasion is required both internally and externally.
- Must have the knowledge, technical and management skills,
credibility, and negotiating and communication skills.
- Must possess self-confidence to meet the challenges.
Keywords: Schindler Elevator Corporation, Philadelphia , General Manager, Executive , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!