RF Engineer 1- (Entry Level)
Posted on: June 19, 2019
We are seeking a Entry level Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer in
Greenbelt, MD to work on new missions that will broaden our
understanding of the earth and our universe. The selected
individual will support NASA programs that integrate with
state-of-the-art RF satellite communications systems and
technologies, analyzing communication systems, interfaces, and
dynamic links between two spacecrafts as well as spacecraft to the
The selected engineer will analyze communic ation links between
prospective satellites and either the TDRS system or various ground
stations, taking into account orbital dynamics and other physical
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Developing system requirements and interface
- Developing system architectures and designs.
- Performing communications technology assessments.
- Communications analyses including link budget assessments to
determine link availability statistics based on factors such as
atmospherics, rain rates, and other link degradation factors.
- Developing written documentation and make presentations to
peers and customer.
- 0 - 2 years of experience with BS in Electrical, Systems,
Physics or Aerospace Engineering
- 1 + year of analytical and problem solving experience
- Successful completion of 400-level course work related to RF
Wireless Communications PREFERRED:
- Experience with RF satellite communications systems parameters
and their impact on RF link performance
- Familiarity with the NASA Space Network and Near Earth
- Experience with developing technical documentation and making
presentations SECURITY CLEARANCE:
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret
security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance candidate must
be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Philadelphia , RF Engineer 1- (Entry Level), Engineering , Greenbelt, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!