Principal Data Solutions Engineer 5 (Customer Facing)
Company: Comcast Corporation
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Make your mark at Comcast -- a Fortune 30 global media and
technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide,
to the content and experiences we create, we reach hundreds of
millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. Become part
of our award-winning technology team that turns big ideas into
cutting-edge products, platforms, and solutions that our customers
love. We create space to innovate, and we recognize, reward, and
invest in your ideas, while ensuring you can proudly bring your
authentic self to the workplace. Join us. You'll do the best work
of your career right here at Comcast. (In most cases, Comcast
prefers to have employees on-site collaborating unless the team has
been designated as virtual due to the nature of their work. If a
position is listed with both office locations and virtual
offerings, Comcast may be willing to consider candidates who live
greater than 100 miles from the office for the remote option.)Job
SummaryABOUT CTS CYBERSECURITY
You will be an innovator in the Cybersecurity division of Comcast
Technology Solutions (CTS).
(https://www.comcasttechnologysolutions.com/about-us) This division
specializes in offering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and
subscription-based security solutions to large enterprises and the
federal government. For the first time ever, customers are now able
to purchase some of the best of Comcast's own in-house security
These solutions are proven-at-scale to defend critical
infrastructure and effectively reduce cost. The Cybersecurity Suite
efficiently improves security and compliance while keeping costs in
You are entrepreneurial. You are fascinated by the challenge of
wrangling security data for insights. You like driving new
relationships with enterprise data scientists, and enjoy helping
others find value in data. You are good at evangelizing new
technologies and researching the latest in cybersecurity. You
achieve satisfaction in seeing customers solve hard security
problems. You enjoy the challenge and thrill of succeeding in
bringing new technology approaches to market.
As a Field Executive Data Officer, you will be a member of a key
team within Comcast Technology Solution's exciting new cyber
security business unit, which sells SaaS and subscription security
solutions to the large enterprise and federal government.
Currently, two solutions, BluVector and DataBee, both used
internally by the Comcast CISO organization, are sold by the
business unit. These solutions are advanced threat detection,
advanced threat hunting and security operations center and
compliance offerings that improve security and compliance in a
cost-effective manner. DataBee is the BU's growth engine and is an
innovative security & compliance data fabric platform, a new market
segment rapidly replacing SIEM and other legacy security &
compliance toolsets.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- You work with Fortune-500 C-level executives to help drive data
transformation using DataBee products and services, exercising
strategic data management responsibilities related to data
governance, data quality and data strategy, to drive maximum value
from the data to the enterprise
- You become a trusted advisor to prospect accounts and existing
customers, showcasing expertise in data and empathy in the
challenges that come with leading data transformation
- You collaborate closely with Sales Engineering, Solution
Architecture, Product Management and Product Marketing to influence
the roadmap, architecture and customer engagements.
- You can be hands on with our engineering and products team,
creating, changing or revising dashboards as needed.
- You lead interdisciplinary technical teams, improving and
streamlining how we deliver the data-related innovation behind
- You are the technical resource that helps sales teams win deals
through world-class planning and preparation, hands-on data
analytics and scientific work when necessary, as well as being
consultative in your approach to solving real business
- You publicly evangelize a security data fabric, data fusion and
other data concepts with analyst, trade press, customers and
- You are expected to use past creative experience and sound
business judgment to make decisions on the best way to drive growth
and deliver value to customers seeking to modernize their data
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel will be expected throughout the US for this role to
attend various conferences, speaking opportunities, etc. This will
include every 4-6 weeks roughly for several days at a time (may be
less/more depending on need)Required Skills and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of the common enterprise data strategy
constructs in a security organization
- Experience working with technology deployments and/or sales
advisory to enterprise customers
- Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality and
protection of security data (part or all of these processes will
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of
data collection to executive members and staff
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions and
tools including snowflake, databricks, powerBI, and tableau
- General understanding of data privacy policies, and complying
with data protection regulations
- Desire to be coached and a structured approach to develop a
proven customer engagement model around security data
- Ability to use internal resources, partners, and team members
to be successful.
- An 'in the field' mentality leading you to meet with customers
& prospects when possible
- In return, we will invest in you and your career.You will be
supported by a team that cares about you and your success, made up
of peers and leaders who make every effort
- To provide you with well-planned support, learning, and access
to expertise in the marketplace.
- To invest in your personal and professional growth and reward
- And, provide you with an environment that is defined by
collaboration and team-success
- Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative
for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance.EducationBachelor's DegreeWhile possessing the stated
degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold
some combination of coursework and experience, or who have
extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work
Experience10 Years +Salary:National Pay Range: $112,151.21
USD-$262,854.41 USDComcast intends to offer the selected candidate
base pay within this range, dependent on job-related,
non-discriminatory factors such as experience. The application
window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of
applicants requires it to close sooner or later.Base pay is one
part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and
recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are
eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan,
while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus.
Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe
that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it
matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most.
That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and
always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your
reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast Corporation, Philadelphia , Principal Data Solutions Engineer 5 (Customer Facing), Engineering , Norristown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!