Company: Transteck Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Diesel Technician Job
Reports To: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Shop Foremen Exempt or Non-Exempt: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - Non-Exempt Full-Time or Part-Time: - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - Full Time Job Summary: Position with primary
responsibility for the diagnosis and repairing of customer
vehicles. Essential Job Functions:
- Determine cause of malfunction; use manufactures approved
troubleshooting guides, test drive, or refer to manufactures
on-line or printed service manuals as necessary.
- Promote sales of labor, parts, and accessories to meet customer
- Perform requested labor operations using recommended
procedures, tools and equipment.
- Document work performed and applicable technical
- Note additional needed work and obtain approval before
- Clean all parts that have been worked on and keep customers
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of personal work
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Order parts according to dealership procedures.
- Tag all warranty parts and return all dirty cores to Parts in a
- Perform repairs in a timely manner set by the manufactures
standard repair time guidelines. In addition to the essential
functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise
honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers,
maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a
positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and
clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail,
respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as
possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and
to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to
perform such other duties and functions as required from time to
time. The Physical Capabilities Checklist for this job, which
specifies the physical requirements of the job, is attached and is
incorporated into this description. - Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license (automotive and CDL)
- State inspection license (preferred)
- Must meet minimum tool list (attached)
- Diagnostics computers
- Overhead cranes
- Various air tools (including impact guns 1inch,3/4 inch,1/2
inch, and 3/8 drive)
- Floor jacks, transmission and clutch jacks.
- Hydraulic press
- Air compressors Working Conditions:
- -Primarily a shop environment with heavy machinery and
- A good deal of work in all types of weather conditions.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking Requirements:
- Total hours of sitting at one time - .5 hours
- Total hours of sitting in a typical workday - .5 hours
- Total hours of standing at one time - 2 hours
- Total hours of standing in a typical workday - 7 hours
- Total hours of walking at one time - .5 hours
- Total hours of walking in a typical workday - 1 hour
- Talking/Hearing/Vision Requirement:
- Talking - Person to person and on the phone
- Hearing - In person, on the phone and in a group setting
- Vision - Near and depth perception
- Pushing/Pulling/Lifting/Carrying Requirement:
- Technicians are required to carry parts from the parts
department to their work - - - - area. There are forklifts, carts
and trucks available to assist them in getting the parts to their
- The typical weight is 50 pounds and the maximum is 150
- Typical distance is 150 feet.
- Frequency is 1 to 10 times per day, plus or minus.
- Duration is 1 to 2 minutes at a time. Other Essential Job
Duties: - Never Occasionally Frequently Constantly (1-33%) (34-67%)
(68-100%) Driving X Airplane Travel X Balancing X Stooping X
Kneeling X Crouching X Crawling X Climbing X Reaching -
- Above Shoulder X
- At waist/desk level X
- Below waist level X Handling - - Both hands X Fingering - Both
hands X Feeling - - Both hands X
Keywords: Transteck Inc, Philadelphia , Diesel Technician, Engineering , Swedesboro, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...