Firmware Engineer - REMOTE
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in
changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
AGESA BIOS team at AMD is looking for a software/firmware developer
to join the team and help develop pre-OS BIOS firmware and silicon
initialization code. As part of the role, the BIOS engineer will
work closely with other firmware developers and architects in
designing and implementing X86 and/or ARM firmware that spans pre-
and post-silicon for all AMD business units.
Passionate about firmware development on bare-metal or close to
bare-metal environment. Need strong problem-solving skills, with a
collaborative can-do attitude. Strong knowledge of computer
architecture and low-level programming in C
- Developing, porting, debugging, and documenting core firmware
support for various DRAM technologies including DDR4, LPDDR4/4x,
DDR5, LPDDR5/5x RDIMM, LRDIMM, 3DS, etc., on AMD Desktop, Mobile,
and Enterprise SoCs.
- Supporting emulation/simulation teams during pre-silicon phase
to validate memory hardware and firmware.
- Working closely with hardware validation teams to optimize
memory signal integrity, achieve highest possible performance and
robust feature support.
- Assist memory validation teams with debug from initial power-on
to achieve full functionality of all features in a timely
- Developing custom memory firmware features for internal and
- Engage with technical leads to understand firmware scope and
work on implementation to meet schedules and milestones.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure highest level
of quality and satisfaction throughout firmware lifecycle.
- Must be well-organized, technically oriented, and a
self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
and coordinate activities with geographically distributed technical
- Desire to work and succeed on fast-paced and highly dynamic
Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferred) in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with
6-10 years of experience
- Good understanding of firmware development cycle, integration
and verification/validation for pre-si and post-si for SoC
- Expertise in low-level C programming & debugging for embedded
- Ability to methodically root-cause complex failure mechanisms
at the IP, subsystem and/or system level.
- Prior experience and/or exposure to testing platforms
(Simulation and/or Emulation)
- Prior involvement in board, processor, or ASIC bring-up.
- Familiarity with memory industry standards and technologies
such as JEDEC, SPD Data, I2C/I3C, DDR4/5, LPDDR4/4x/5/5x UDIMM,
RDIMM, LRDIMM, 3DS, ECC, Mode Registers, Self-Refresh, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of DRAM Initialization/training
algorithms, memory timings, addressing, overclocking, etc.
- Experience in debugging memory initialization and training
- Experience in hardware/software interfaces and debugging
sophisticated issues in CPU and firmware using JTAG, source code
debuggers and other tools.
- Experience with source control systems including
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
Remote locations available:
Bay Area, CA
Maple Grove, MN
San Diego, CA
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Numbe r: 161468
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its
subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider
candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status,
medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin,
race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran
status. Please click here for more information.
Keywords: AMD, Philadelphia , Firmware Engineer - REMOTE, Engineering , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!