Field Services Engineer
Company: Azenta Life Sciences
Location: Spring House
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company OverviewAt Azenta, formerly Brooks Life Sciences, new
ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our
future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to
embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking
and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space
with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations
worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample
management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug
development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the
industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare
institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with
our lab analysis, sample management and storage services,
informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed
base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You'll Add Value---The Field Service Engineer performs
basic/routine customer support activities involving the
installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of
Brooks' equipment and systems generally at customer sites, to
ensure proper working order. Works under supervision following
established policies and procedures to ensure company and customer
quality standards are met. Discretion and independent judgment are
required resolving customer issues. Candidate may be assigned to
support a specific customer site, region, or product, depending
upon business needs.
What You'll Do---
- Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis, and
perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment
and systems while adhering to Brooks' policies, procedures and work
direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
- Interface with customers to ensure contract SLA & customer
satisfaction levels are maintained with terms of the service
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at
all times to Brooks and customer's work protocols and
- Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on
equipment and systems as defined.
- Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all
support activities as defined and required.
- Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line
down and escalations and support organizational and administrative
- Adopt PoC for both customer and internal Azenta Mgt .
- Provide weekly system performance summaries that reports number
of system events (weekly, monthly, and rolling), issue pareto
analysis, and root cause / corrective actions.
- Additional KPI measurement requests throughout the contract
period will be considered.
- Assist with sample migration (initial transfer from old format
to new format and load into customer Store)
What you will Bring---
- Associate of Science (AS) degree, technical certificate or
equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience or military
technical training is required.
- Strong Electrical & Mechanical background.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to
read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and
interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing
a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause
of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and
implement corrective action.
- Displays commitment to resolve problems and make independent
decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record,
reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card
for expenses and able to obtain a valid passport for the term of
- Must be qualified to meet the requirements of background
screening by a third-party agency.
- Must be proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based
Operating Systems. Oracle experience highly beneficial. Be able to
use the company's standard software to generate reports,
presentations and document the daily activities as defined and
expected by your manager.
- Work performed generally will be to support global needs.
International travel is required at times.
- Work schedule is to align with customer needs.
- On rare occasions, individuals may be asked to be on-call, or
work on holidays, or weekends.
- Work in cold environments
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- Although primarily an on site resource for a client in King of
Prussia, PA, you must be available and willing to travel,
domestically and internationally as needed but expected to be about
25% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders,
scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined
At Azenta, we are a part of the science behind the COVID vaccine
and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees,
customers and the communities where we live and work. To protect
our coworkers, clients, families and friends, we have implemented a
policy where all of our US employees must be fully vaccinated
(which includes taking the booster) or have requested and received
an approved medical/religious accommodation prior to their first
day of work.
Keywords: Azenta Life Sciences, Philadelphia , Field Services Engineer, Engineering , Spring House, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!