Company: HBK Engineering, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
HBK Engineering is searching for a Structural Engineer with a
Professional Engineer license, preferably with experience in the
utility or transportation industry. Our firm offers a professional
work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and
field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and
constructability of new and existing utility systems, construction
support systems, bridge and building systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating,
trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and
construction related issues.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications
and other written documentation.
- Perform and manage diversified tasks through the life cycle of
- Read and interpret calculations, technical drawings,
schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using
drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting
equipment and software.
- Apply engineering theories, techniques and analysis to
structural and geotechnical engineering designs.
- Work on building foundations; deep shaft and trench excavation
temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Analyze wood utility and metal streetlight poles utilizing
existing software products
- Perform calculations and prepare sketches and/or AutoCAD
drawings for design operations.
- Conduct Structural investigations, field inspections and
- Conceptualize and value engineering with emphasis on
- Interface with clients, reviewing entities and multiple
internal project teams.
- Travel Required as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural
- Licensed Professional Engineer the State of Pennsylvania.
Additional PE licenses in the states of New York, New Jersey,
Maryland and Delaware are of value.
- 5-10 years combined experience in structural engineering
- Experience managing complex structural engineering projects
related to the utility industry.
- Experience managing complex technical teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry design codes including AISC, ASCE, and
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of structural engineering,
temporary construction systems, geotechnical engineering, and
earthquake engineering, required.
- Fundamental knowledge of structural engineering.
- Ability to travel on occasion, on an as needed basis
Valued Skills And Experiences
- M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- Consulting background preferred.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard
background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug
screening test from a location specified by HBK.
Keywords: HBK Engineering, LLC, Philadelphia , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!