Engineer- Exelon Utilities Transmission Planning & Strategy
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
The base location is flexible among primary Exelon Utilities
locations on the East Coast including Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore,
MD, New Castle, DE or Washington, DC.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Participates as part of an Engineering team in the studies, plans,
criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design
documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis,
cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning of Exelon's
electric transmission system. Coordinates with internal and
external (PJM, ReliabilityFirst, local/state governing bodies,
etc.) organizations in various transmission planning related
activities.Reliability Analysis develops and maintains system
models required to run studies on the transmission system to ensure
adherence to reliability criteria. This includes but is not limited
to running thermal and voltage steady state powerflow studies and
maintaining modeling data (connectivity, impedances, ratings,
contingency information, etc.). Reliability Analysis analyzes the
risk on the transmission system both in the short term and future
year, which provides critical information to anticipate
unidentified and prioritize existing risks.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7
coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supports and performs assignments in specialized areas
requiring extensive engineering expertise. Requiring maintaining
state of the art engineering credential in the specialized
- Supports and performs engineering tasks and projects associated
with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number
of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many
areas, may include field testing troubleshooting, and peer
- Evaluates, develops, implements and supports projects that have
significant financial and operational impact, may also develop
initial commissioning plans. Plans, writes and performs tasks for
documentation deliverables and projects
- Participates in department planning, through field/site
walkdowns, attend meetings/conference calls, provide budget
recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may
support multi-discipline teams.
- Provides recommendations to management and implements action
plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides detailed technical training, mentorship, peer review,
and/or guidance to others.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees
to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of
company interest, make recommendations for business decisions
regarding strategy for new technologies and/or engineering
techniques and tools.POSITION SCOPE
- Provides technical assistance in support of senior engineers.,
managers and others.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and
- Two or more years of professional engineering experience
- General knowledge and experience with regulations, guides,
standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform
assignments for a specific discipline, various installations, or
- Engineer in Training License
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills,
report generation & technical writing skills
- Strong teamwork, Interpersonal skills & the ability to
collaborate with peers, managers and all management levels
- Consulting and needs assessment skills
- Time, project management and multi-tasking skills
- A working knowledge of analysis software packages such as
CYMDIST, PSS\E, TARA, Python, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc. to perform and
analyze load flow modeling, contingency studies, and transfer
- Ability to analyze industry wide trends and implement
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Philadelphia , Engineer- Exelon Utilities Transmission Planning & Strategy, Engineering , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!