Chemical Process Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.Not everyone who works
for a global company shares the same background, experiences and
perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring
new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is
encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision
making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there
are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values
at the core of how we operate as an organization - not just when
it's convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the
time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your
life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around
our core PACE values:
The Role:In this critical role, the Chemical Process Engineer is a
key player on a dynamic team responsible for scaling up robust
chemical processes in a manufacturing environment. The ideal
candidate will exhibit the ability to manage multiple projects in a
fast-paced, continuous improvement environment focused on safety
and quality. The Engineer partners cross-functionally and
communicates across levels to support Manufacturing in the Chester,
PA facility. This includes installing new equipment and utilities,
and upgrading existing equipment to facilitate cycle time and yield
In this role you will
- Be organized and hit aggressive ramp schedules;
- Work safely and drive process improvement;
- Work with development chemists and engineers to develop robust
processes which incorporate standard unit operations, to meet
stringent quality requirements.
- Develop and manage project plans for process development
activities to generate process design information for scale-up, and
evaluate process technical risks.
- Design and perform experiments at bench and kilo lab scale to
generate process data for scale-up;
- Define unit operations, generate PFD's and P&ID's, generate
mass and energy balances, specify and size equipment, facilitate
equipment procurement and fabrication, and identify
instrumentation, controls and automation requirements.
- Support operations by making decisions in the plant according
to real time data to ensure the process is performing as expected,
perform troubleshooting, and develop corrective actions;
- Listen actively and solve problems in a structured manner;
- Deal with change while managing ambiguity to deliver business
- Manage change through cross-functional partnering in a global
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar field:
- B.S. with 8+ years of experience
- M.S. with 5+ years of experience
- Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment or
industrially focused research and development organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Your success will be measured by
- Align individual goals and their impact on team success and
demonstrates commitment to shared objectives;
- Focus on team success and is accountable for team and
- Leverage advancements in technology that create significant
- Proactively raise concerns and recommend solutions.
What we offer:Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just
a paycheck. Whether you're looking to build your career, improve
your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to
help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match that's all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take
the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all
employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train,
and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements
and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military
Keywords: Entegris, Philadelphia , Chemical Process Engineer, Engineering , Chester, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!