Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for contributing in project teams,
troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions
to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing
existing products and services and the overall upkeep and
maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance
with industry and Company technical requirements, standards,
policies and procedures. Works with moderate guidance in own area
of knowledge.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Perform systems administration, maintenance and support on
infrastructure including servers, workstations, printers, network
devices, and mobile devices
- Support day-to-day network operations, focusing on uptime,
availability, and support.
- Configures and maintains routers, switches, and hubs for
network systems (including wireless)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex
issues. Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of
supervision and guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and
engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of
results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem
areas and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and
ensures successful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or
architectural changes to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data
state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of
engineering and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Ability to work productively without close supervision.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Access to transportation for on-call response to facilities in
Philadelphia, West Chester and Southern New Jersey.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.CertificationsCisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Systems, Inc.,Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) -
Cisco Systems, Inc.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work
Experience2-5 YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that
Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their
work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the
terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are
eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class
Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the
support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for
those who matter most. That---s why we provide an array of options,
expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet
the needs of your reality --- to help support you physically,
financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your
everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary
on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Network Engineer, Engineering , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!