VP Information Engineering - Intelligent Automation
Company: Freedom Mortgage Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Job ID: 8901
- Functional Area: Information Technology
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Marlton, NJ
- Department: IT Information Management
- Relocation Provided: No Position Description:
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an experienced, strategic and driven IT
leader to join the team in the role of Vice President of
Intelligent Automation. Since Intelligent Automation is an emerging
competency at Freedom, this role requires a balance of strategy /
execution, engineering / analytics, and AI-ML / Automation, all
while marrying business and technology perspectives.
Requires technical expertise in one or more highly specialized
domains related to data-heavy applications including data
streaming, big data platforms, analytics engineering and AI/ML
platforms. Assumption is that all systems will be cloud-based, with
a preference on AWS.
Initially the leader will focus on architecture and design of the
Intelligent Automation Platform, which will require understanding
how Freedom's decisioning/rule systems operate, how data is managed
across these platforms and ultimately how they could be improved by
leveraging advanced machine learning models. Being able to present
a future technology vision is critically important.
The VP acts independently as a senior leader in IT and will partner
very closely with the Product Management, Enterprise Architecture,
Information Management and core Development leaders to create
credible Technology & Product Roadmaps that lead to our future
state. Essential Job Functions:
- Lead team to design build and deploy the Intelligent Automation
Platform leveraging key technologies/platforms including Data
Streaming, Big Data platform, Analytical Tools, AI/ML, Search
- Build a world-class team balancing FTEs and contingent
- Develop Data Service APIs to enable core systems to leverage
the IA data
- Build IA Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Analytical Community in
developing Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Development Community in
accessing IA data
- Design and implement a support structure leveraging DevOps
- Partner with operations on designing and implementing 24/7
monitors of IA platform
- Work closely with experts within the product, development,
information management and enterprise architecture teams to
understand business and systems issues related to business rules
and decisioning engines
- Responsible for the complete development lifecycle of the
software systems that make up the Intelligent Automation Platform;
including clarifying requirements, database schema, software
development, testing, implementation, user follow up, and
- Utilize collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT
managers, and database administrators, to ensure high reliability,
availability, and performance of applications.
- Responsible for ensuring the change control processes for the
development team is followed.
- Participate in all parts of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Acts as a technology consultant to business managers.
- Prepare and present executive level staffing, project and
process updates to C-suite.
- Manage third party IT vendors on business related
- Ensure that business unit practices and procedures adhere to IT
security and information policies.
- Ensure compliance with corporate project oversight controls.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in technology domain
- Master's degree a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years' experience in IT
- 10+ years of application or information engineering
- 5+ years of lead development experience on application
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data, Data Streaming
- 3+ years of experience with Analytical Platform & Tools
- 3+ years of experience with AI/Machine Learning Platform &
- 3+ experience with Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience leading CI/CD initiatives
- Experience leading teams with Agile and Scrum
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies and
- Enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Passionate about partnering with business partners
- Comfortable making presentations to senior executives as
- Ability to provide architectural review and recommendations to
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since
grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned
full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50
states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands,
Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly
servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a
leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's
largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families
through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two
regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large
operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets:
Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL;
Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for
advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and
recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected
veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants
encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace.
Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in
confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match
requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS
Equal Opportunity Employer-
Keywords: Freedom Mortgage Corporation, Philadelphia , VP Information Engineering - Intelligent Automation, Engineering , Marlton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!