Engineer 4, Enterprise Data
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for transforming large, complex data into
consumable business databases and applications for self-service
analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design and
specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to
solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals.
Works closely with a variety of team members to clearly define data
product requirements and technical roadmaps. Determine and source
appropriate data for a given analysis. Work with data
modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are
trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed their
analysis. Integrates knowledge of business and functional
priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial
environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.Job
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding
of internal business areas and processes as well as working
knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL,
implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow &
- Designs and architects databases and applications and leads
each project through implementation, using in-depth understanding
of product life cycle and industry technical knowledge.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing
knowledge of policies and processes. Recognize and identify
implications of changes on projects upstream.
- Solves problems using an aerial view (architectural
perspective) and provides recommendations to improve products.
Shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume
regarding specific data sources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas;
such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation
within big data systems like Hadoop (Kafka, Spark, Ambari and
Hawk), SQL and HiveQL. Uses fluency in primary technology and
proficiencies in one or more secondary technologies to support
adoption of additional or new technologies' by the team.
- Serves as a team leader on projects spanning different
engineering disciplines within the organization and acts as a
resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents to broader
senior leadership team. Understands other business units and how
they affect the team and work. Acts as a liaison between business
owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and
processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum
storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other
and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational
models. Collaborates with technology and platform management
partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure
appropriate data quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Core technologies
used: Microsoft SQL Stack, TeraData, PowerBI, Tableau,
InformaticaEmployees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience7-10
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Philadelphia , Engineer 4, Enterprise Data, Engineering , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!