Senior Project Manager, Promotional Medical Education Marketing (Remote)
Company: The Lockwood Group
Posted on: February 15, 2019
This position can be based remotely (work from home) or at our headquarters in Stamford, CT.
About Lockwood: Lockwood collaborates with clients in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries to identify effective, holistic, science-based strategies to address their objectives through medical communications. Our clients count on us to challenge their assumptions, and help them creatively navigate around obstacles. From strategy through execution, we focus on accuracy, transparency, and scientific value to create programs that are evidence-based, clinically relevant, and contribute to the development of our clients' brands. Over a third of our staff hold advanced scientific or medical degrees, and most work from where they live. Because our flexible structure provides better work-life balance, we attract the best talent, facilitate their best work, and as a result, are more responsive to our clients, wherever and whenever they do business.
Summary: In the role, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for simultaneously managing all aspects of multiple medical communications projects from inception to completion. This position may be structured so that the individual manages a major area of an account such as all initiatives that support a certain indication rather than a set of "one off" projects.
Responsibilities include the facilitation of multidisciplinary project teams, interfacing with each department within the company, meeting client and management expectations, establishing strong faculty and client relationships, and ensuring that programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters. The SPM is responsible for budget development, maintenance and reconciliation, managing external suppliers, keeping programs on time and focused on primary objectives, providing ongoing updates to internal team members and client contacts, and resource management. The number of simultaneous programs managed by each Senior Project Manager is dependent on the scope and nature of each initiative, however, the SPM should be able to successfully drive the development of multiple programs in a given area independently. In some cases, the Senior Project Manager may have direct reports.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator with experience successfully leading multidisciplinary teams. We are seeking candidates with strong financial management skills who are highly organized, adept at multitasking/prioritizing, and have the ability and willingness to motivate others.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and faculty members.
- Maintain and manage timely and professional written and verbal communications with clients and faculty members.
- Ensure client expectations are met on all levels of program activity.
- Establish and maintain a strong knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and medical education.
- Develop new project budgets.
- Contribute to new business development activities within the account team.
- Assist Account Director/Vice President in skills development and mentoring of team members.
- Responsible for simultaneously managing all aspects of all projects, including faculty recruitment and ongoing communication, audience generation, content development, logistics management, registration/participant communication, production of materials, supplier performance, financial management, reconciliation.
- Schedule and conduct start-up, interim and final team meetings for each project, establish and maintain time and events schedules, and provide ongoing updates to client and team as required by account team on each initiative to ensure successful management and completion.
- Manage budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary project teams, interfacing with other departments to ensure within-budget, on time, on strategy performance, and meet client and management expectations.
- Proactively identifies issues and provides problem resolution.
- Assist in training new account team members as required.
- Maintain company policies
- Adhere to The Lockwood Group policies and procedures.
Direct Reports: The Senior Project Manager may have direct reports such as a Project Coordinator, as appropriate given the scope of business.
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required.
Professional Skills & Experience: Requires at least 5 years of relevant job experience. Marketing and/or communications project management experience in a medical or healthcare environment is required as well as the ability to grasp and retain scientific information. Computer aptitude (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet) is a must.
Keywords: The Lockwood Group, Philadelphia , Senior Project Manager, Promotional Medical Education Marketing (Remote), Education / Teaching , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!