Company: Phoenixville Area School District
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Teacher for Homebound Instruction
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to serve
as a remedial instructor to maintain students' achievement in
reading, writing and mathematics, while at home due to homebound
- Develops and administers instruction to the particular needs of
individual students identified from their teacher of record in
reading, writing and mathematics instruction.
- Conducts learning activities for the variety of instructional
methods and materials.
- Documents teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes;
develops lesson plans; models the necessary skills to perform
assignments; and provides feedback to teaching staff regarding
student progress, expectations, and goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially
within grade level, regarding reading, writing and mathematics
assessments and remedial teaching techniques; assists, coaches and
models effective remedial instructional strategies for classroom
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and parents.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers,
printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to students home to deliver instruction.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy,
as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and
connotations, spelling, writing, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental
Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this
- PA teaching Certification(elementary, special education, high
school related content certification)
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education
discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade
FLSA Status: Exempt
Keywords: Phoenixville Area School District, Philadelphia , Homebound Instructor/Tutor, Education / Teaching , Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!