K-5 Elementary Teacher
Company: West Philadelphia Achievement Charter Elementary S
Posted on: January 27, 2023
K-5 ELEMENTARY TEACHER K-5 Elementary Teacher-10 month
Full-timeComprehensive benefits package at no additional cost to
the employeesSCHOOL DESCRIPTIONWest Philadelphia Achievement
Charter Elementary School is an inner city Arts and Technology K-5
Elementary School. We are a family oriented environment with family
and community involvement being an integral part of our mission to
enrich the lives of our students. JOB SUMMARYWPACES is seeking a
high energy, innovative educator to join our professional
community. Considering the developmental and social needs of the
children educators will plan and teach all subjects in the
elementary curriculum following the scope and sequence and
materials provided. WPACES offers a collaborative approach to
teaching where teachers meet with grade partners regularly and are
supported by literacy and math coaches as well as mentors for all
new hires. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses the skill level of students and aligns classroom goals
and activities to established state and local standards.
- Provides instruction in respective subject area
- Teaches inquiry techniques that encourage experimentation and
alternative approaches to problem solving.
- Provides students with learning experiences requiring them to
demonstrate comprehension of concepts and the ability to use
technological resources in developing solutions to problems.
- Creates a classroom environment in which students have access
to subject-related materials that address their needs and
- Collaborates with staff members to develop interesting,
innovative learning experiences
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments and improvements in
education as it affects the instructional program; attends faculty
meetings to discuss school problems and teaching methods. Maintains
classroom discipline Maintains attendance, grade and other required
recordsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of grade level education.
the contents, materials methodologies and practices utilized within
education at the respective grade level.
- the theories and principles of child growth and
- the use and application of technological innovations, including
pertinent software, in the development of solutions to learning
- authentic performance assessment principles. Demonstrated
- assess students' needs and learning styles and to design
appropriate differentiated instruction to meet their needs.
- use and apply simulations and technological innovations in the
classroom in pursuit of instructional strategies.
- facilitate inquiry-based learning as well as whole class, small
group and individual instruction, driven by student needs.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with
faculty, administrators, supportive staff, parents, and students.
- 2 + years teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from an accredited
college or university
- Must be able to obtain or currently have all background
clearances (Federal, PA State, & Child Abuse).
- Valid PA teaching certificate
Keywords: West Philadelphia Achievement Charter Elementary S, Philadelphia , K-5 Elementary Teacher, Education / Teaching , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!