Special Education Department Chair
Company: Green Tree School
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement,
generous paid time off, and so much more?Green Tree School &
Services in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a Special Education
Department Chair to teach and mentor our emotional support
students, and provide coaching and mentoring to other Education
Teachers. As a Special Education Department Chair, you play an
integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the
classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within
- Models and assists teams in modifying and differentiating to
meet the needs of the individual learner.
- Assists in teacher training and meets with teachers regularly.
- Researches, recommends and assists with implementing
methodologies and practices that lead to high student engagement
- Orients teachers and provides ongoing professional development
for assigned teachers.
- Observes, mentors, and holds accountable assigned teachers
regarding best practices in instruction.
- Promotes instructional practices that are modified and
differentiated to meet the needs of the individual learner.
- Assists in facilitating the integration and use of
instructional technology, as appropriate.
- Assists in planning the professional development program for
- Assists teachers in Response to Interventions.Culture:
- Serves as a mentor and role model in the creation of a learning
environment that supports college. readiness and student
- Assists in planning and delivering orientation for new
teachers.Department Specific Leadership:
- Assist Director of Academic Instruction, in vertical alignment
of curriculum and instructional practices across the grade
- Assists course teams through collaboration and data
- Mentors a small cohort of teachers in humanities.School-Wide
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of Green Tree School
- Fosters an environment and culture which promotes respect,
responsibility, and trust.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Green Tree School and
- Takes on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in and contributes to the TIERS Committee.
- Assists in interviewing teachers during the hiring
process.BENEFITSEligible Green Tree School & Services Employees
will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life
- Voluntary Life, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
itemsGreen Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed
agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to
children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At
Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on
their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but
the Pennsylvania Department of Education.Green Tree School &
Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and
embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School &
Services careers and benefits, please visit our website
- Bachelors or better in EducationLicenses &
- PA Teacher LicenseSkillsRequired
- Classroom Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Lesson Plan Development
- Student Information System
Keywords: Green Tree School, Philadelphia , Special Education Department Chair, Education / Teaching , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!