EMS Training and Education Coordinator
Company: Ambulnz NJ LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DocGo is a leading provider of integrated telehealth and mobile
medical services. Together with Ambulnz, the first
technology-enabled, on-demand ambulance dispatch, DocGo delivers
the last mile of at-home medical care. While basic telehealth
companies are limited to virtual visits, we're breaking barriers to
bring on-the-ground care to patients outside the four walls of the
traditional healthcare system.Our company deploys over 2,000 EMTs,
paramedics, and advanced practice providers to facilitate on-site,
non-critical medical services and transportation for patients in
the U.S. and the U.K. We've revolutionized patient care with
intelligent fleet routing, accurate ETAs, real-time GPS tracking
for our state-of-the-art vehicles, and ShareLinkTM technology.
DocGo is committed to putting people first. We seek employees who
embody our core values of excellence, empathy, integrity, and
accountability. In this role, you will help treat patients in the
home, work with underserved communities, and increase your scope of
practice to advance your medical career. Our DocGo Medical
Mentorship Program gives you the clinical skill training you need
to move beyond EMS and transportation. Our unique compensation
model includes base salary, benefits, bonuses, and an equity
incentive plan for our EMTs and paramedics.Where remote care
observes, we engage. Where virtual visits can't reach, we are
hands-on.Where Telehealth stops, we go.We're revolutionizing the
delivery of healthcare and we need a Training and Education
Coordinator to join us.Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates all emergency medical services training
programs for all levels of care Supervises and oversees the Field
Training Officer Program: provides initial FTO training;
coordinates FTO program for newest providers; and identifies
remedial training for current providers, as required.
- Conducts research/development and training on the use of
medical equipment that are currently in use or that will be placed
in use, such as, but not limited to suction machines, oxygen
delivery systems, backboards, fracture kits, obstetrical kits,
intravenous kits, airway equipment, and monitor/defibrillator.
- Trains personnel in determining the differential diagnosis of
injuries and illnesses, basic procedures for extraction,
development of treatment plans, and documentation. Plans and
delivers training on procedures for verbal and written reports and
records on the observation and care of patients at the emergency
scene in transit to the hospital. Ride alongside field personnel to
evaluate crews on their medical skills and procedures on an as
- Assists in developing the budget by recommending supplies,
materials, and training opportunities, to include additional hours
to add to payroll for purposes of personnel attending in service
training while off duty.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports as requested.
- Ensures that EMT, Paramedics, and Emergency Medical Dispatchers
are maintaining certifications, licenses, accreditations and are
performing required patient care benchmark skills.
- Researches new equipment and develops skills for continued
emergency medical service (E.M.S.).
- Establishes and maintains documents relative to training,
information guides, and procedures affecting the division's
activities in the E.M.S. program.
- Assists in development of CQI Indicators and conducting CQI
inquiries on field incidents.
- Develops lesson plans using standardized software programs and
conducts multiple repetitive EMS courses during a training
- Provides vacation and temporary relief as required.
- Provides other duties in support of the operation as
- 3+ years of experience working as a licensed Paramedic.
- Unrestricted Paramedic certification/license from state of
residence, National Registered Paramedic, eligible for reciprocity
to NJ and/or PA.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS),
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced
Life Support (PALS) provider.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as necessitated by work assignment.
- Considerable knowledge of procedures and techniques for
administering emergency medical care.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies.
- Skilled in developing and implementing curriculum.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with a
strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities.
- NJ or PA Department of Health Bureau of EMS- EMS Instructor or
ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.Preferred:
- Associates Degree or higher with coursework in emergency
medical services, or related field and extensive experience in
emergency medical services.
- AHA BLS, ACLS, and PALS Instructor (or obtain within 6 months
- NAEMT PHTLS, AMLS, GEMS Instructor (or obtain within 6 months
- NAEMSE Level 1 Instructor Course.
- NAEMSE Level 2 Instructor Course.
- NEMSMA FTEP Basic FTO Course.
- NEMSMA Supervising Paramedic Officer or Managing Paramedic
Officer.Pay Range: $32-$36/hour.INDNJPA2
Keywords: Ambulnz NJ LLC, Philadelphia , EMS Training and Education Coordinator, Education / Teaching , Voorhees, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!