Marketing Technology Specialist
Company: Vertex (Pennsylvania)
Location: King Of Prussia
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The Marketing Technology specialist will help bridge the gap
between marketing ops, sales ops, and IT for all marketing
technology utilized by Vertex. The ideal candidate for this unique
role will have interests in both marketing and technology
development, with excellent communication skills. This role will
support the Senior Marketing Technology specialist to help vet,
implement, troubleshoot, manage, and oversee this tech stack with a
primary focus on A/B testing, digital strategy, and website
optimization with an overall goal of driving consumer revenue.
The role requires strong analytical abilities and solid
communication skills. The person in this role will have to think
like a marketer while having the skillset and desire to spend large
portions of their day in the various tools configuring, optimizing,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Becoming another in-house expert on current and future digital
tools, including but not limited to: marketing automation systems,
digital asset management tools, CMS (Drupal), Social Media
platforms, analytics tools, webcast platform tools, and other
- Liaison between the marketing/analytics teams and our
Digital/Demand generation/customer teams. Supporting constant open
lines of communication in order to drive projects forward.
- Help to support the implementation, troubleshooting and
monitoring of a complex testing strategy on Vertexinc.com
- Work closely with web development agency and internal resources
as asked to help execute and test all enhancements to the CMS
- Write requirements for new initiatives and
translate/communicate to necessary parties as requested
- Create processes to optimize the connections between our
- Seek opportunities for optimization and growth of technologies
and services across all marketing channels
- As requested, provide competitive analysis of existing and
- Develops and maintains foundational documentation and training
materials and trains resources on processes/functionality as
required, including ensuring new entity employees are trained and
are aware of processes/functionality as it pertains to the
marketing technology and processes
- Gather, review, and present information about current systems
in place (e.g. pricing/cost to maintain, contractual milestones,
use cases past/current/future, opportunities to cut costs)
- Have a proactive role in continually improving processes.
- Help develop roadmap for implementation and training required
for technology optimization and growth plans
- Assist in the implementation of the approved SEO (organic)
strategy to enhance the corporate website's positions on SERP's,
(Title, META Descriptions, Internal Linking, etc.)
- Responsible to support the marketing managers by running
webcasts, including dry-runs, day of event, registration process,
post event activities, etc.
- As necessary assist in the development of emails, landing
pages, forms and other data elements as necessary to support Demand
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience implementing and managing marketing technology, with
a previous focus on website
- Ability to provide high level data analysis and presentation
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to translate to
- Ideal: Previous experience with (CRM) Salesforce.com, (MAT)
Pardot, (CMS) Drupal, Google Optimize.
- Extremely familiar with web and mobile technologies and
responsive website design
- High level of proficiency in UAT and A/B testing of a
- Strong analytical background
- Strong project management experience in SCRUM/AGILE
- Passion and commitment for customer success
- Strong organizational and communication skills and a keen
attention to detail
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization
- Knowledge of Interactive Marketing, Web User Interface
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs such as
Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and/or other relevant applications
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity while managing
multiple competing priorities and work effectively under the
pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex,
collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree. Degree in marketing or technology
- 3+ years' experience in marketing function similar to role
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared
commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote
mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or
to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete
information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a
focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex's
business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes
and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners,
anticipating their needs.
Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance
performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current
and future needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals in this position.
Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to
add or change the duties at any time.
Keywords: Vertex (Pennsylvania), Philadelphia , Marketing Technology Specialist, Advertising , King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!