Administrative Assistant (3 - 5 years)
Company: SCHNADER HARRISON SEGAL & LEWIS LLP
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Philadelphia office of Schnader Harrison Segal and Lewis
LLP, a prominent national law firm, seeks to hire a team orientated
administrative assistant to provide administrative and secretarial
support to it's very busy Tax and Wealth Management Department. The
selected candidate will ensure attorneys, fiduciary administrators
and tax accountants daily business requirements are met timely,
effectively and efficiently.What sets Schnader apart from its
competitors is its "small-firm" feel and "large firm" legal
practice. Schnader's long-standing tradition and commitment to
pro-bono work and public service, paired with its talented
attorneys and staff, sophisticated work and a high level of
customer service has contributed to its reputation for superior
quality legal work within a uniquely positive and friendly working
environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with
solid employment history who is looking for a diversified,
fast-paced, and challenging position and who takes pride in and
ownership of a job well done.Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We warmly welcome qualified
candidates with rich and diverse backgrounds to apply and are
- Draft, type and proofread engagement letters, correspondence,
memoranda and other legal documentation; draft and maintain lists,
tables and Excel worksheets.
- Scan original documents to be saved in IManage and the Will
- Prepare New Business Records and act as a liaison with New
Business Conflicts Department to ensure conflicts checks are
completed and client and matter numbers are assigned; Manage time
and billing for attorneys, act as liaison between accounting and
attorneys to finalize invoices, timely deliver and track bills to
- Retrieve and process original client documents including
copying, scanning, creating (and updating) physical and PDF
binders, and preparing for Will Control and vault storage.
- Maintain attorneys' calendars and schedules. Coordinate and
schedule both in-person and virtual meetings, including booking
travel and conference rooms, arranging catering, preparing meeting
documents, coordinating schedules, and greeting clients.
- Maintain and routinely update detailed list of deadlines in
connection with estate administration, trust administration,
foundation administration and tax filings in support of Fiduciary
Administrators and Tax Accountants.
- Provide customer service to clients. Answer telephones and take
messages. Scan and distribute mail. Organize, copy and scan
correspondence and client communications. Processes incoming and
outgoing mail. Electronically preparing overnight mailing
- Act as witness at the signing of estate planning documents. May
provide notary services.
- Process attorney and client expenses and reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent; some college helpful.
- 3 - 5 years of administrative experience.
- Experience setting up virtual conferences and rooms utilizing
Zoom, Star leaf, and conference calling.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Notary designation, a plus.Skills:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PDF software
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills with ability to
communication effectively. orally and in writing, with attorneys,
clients and staff.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Ability to delegate work and provide work oversight.Rewards:
Schnader offers an extensive menu of generous benefits including
medical, dental and vision providing domestic partner and family
coverage. We also offer short and long term disability, long term
care, life, AD&D, supplemental life, supplemental AD&D, gap
hospital, accident and critical illness insurances, domestic
partner benefits, flex spending (Medical, Dependent Care &
Transportation) and health savings accounts, pet insurance, 401k
match, as well as paid vacation, sick and holiday time. Most
benefits are effective on the first of the month following date of
hire.Applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter. Applicants
applying should include " AA" in the e-mail "Subject" line.Job
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:Schnader Harrison Segal
& Lewis LLP is taking all of the prescribed CDC, federal, city and
state safety precautions in order to ensure the health and safety
of our employees, their families, clients and the communities in
which we serve.Application Question(s):
- Do you have 3 years of administrative experience?
- Do you have experience setting up virtual conferences and rooms
utilizing Zoom, Starleaf and conference calling?
- Do you have experience working in law firm or professional
- Are you a notary in PA?
- Are you proficient in Microsoft Outlook, word, excel and pdf
- One locationWork Remotely:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19Work Location: One location
Keywords: SCHNADER HARRISON SEGAL & LEWIS LLP, Philadelphia , Administrative Assistant (3 - 5 years), Administration, Clerical , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!