Audit Senior- Insurance
Location: Fort Washington
Posted on: January 12, 2018
Are you seeking a new opportunity that will enable you to develop your talent to become a future leader and ambassador of our profession? If so, we may have the answer!
Mazars USA LLP in Fort Washington, PA is seeking a high performing Audit Senior for our Insurance Auditing Group, who is as passionate about providing meaningful insight to businesses and individuals as they are about investing in their own professional growth. Our ambition is to transform today's high performers into tomorrow's leaders through on-the-job training, continued professional education, in-house development programs and customized training where appropriate.
As an Insurance Audit Senior, you will be responsible for providing the highest levels of client service working with staff accountants, managers and Partners as well as interacting with clients in a range of markets and industries. You will be required to:
- Perform and supervise audits, reviews, and compilations of insurance companies.
- Execute client engagements from pre-engagement planning through completion including coordinating communication and progress between client and all members of the engagement team.
- Evaluate and analyze financial statements prepared on a U.S. GAAP, IFRS, or statutory basis of accounting.
- Identify accounting, reporting, and internal control issues based on professional standards.
- Supervise, train, and mentor engagement staff regarding the audit process; assess performance for engagement reviews; and perform the in-charge role, as needed.
- Mentor and develop team members through various trainings.
We actively encourage everyone to bring their own unique skills and experience to the table. Some of the skills and experience we look for are as follows:
- Bachelor---s Degree in Accounting.
- 3---5 years of Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Certification) or actively pursuing.
- Ideal candidates will have exposure to property & casualty, life and health, and reinsurance type companies. Experience with SEC registrants, mutual companies, and US operations of international insurance and reinsurance companies a plus. Operational knowledge of claims and underwriting processes is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of ProSystem Engagement is preferred.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical, computer, and oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the accounting field.
- Frequent same-day local travel and occasional out-of-town travel required.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans
- Life insurance, long-term disability and voluntary short-term disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) plan
- High-tech professional environment
Keywords: Mazars, Philadelphia, Audit Senior- Insurance, Accounting, Auditing, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!