Company: ADAMS AND ASSOCIATES INC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Location: Philadelphia - Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Accounting
Manages the Centers financial accounting systems in compliance with
Company, Center, and Government requirements. Ensures systems,
processes and deliverables are established and executed accurately
and timely. Analyzes systems and data, using proper judgment and
discretion, to resolve issues and problems. Ensures effective
finance services are delivered to staff and students. Maintains and
develops adequate controls to prevent and avoid fraud and abuse.
Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION
Manages Center financial, payroll and accounts payable systems,
ensuring timeliness and accuracy of product. Interviews and
recommends for hire, trains, motivates, develops and disciplines to
ensure effective performance of direct report staff.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Ensures semi-monthly Public Voucher billings and all periodic
financial reports comply with Company, Center, and Government
- Ensures payroll, accounts payable and all financial systems and
processes fulfill their intended purposes. Monitors contract
compliance with Center, Corporate and Governmental financial
policies and procedures to ensure that costs are allowable and are
properly allocated to cost centers. Accurately allocates
expenditure of contract funds, analyzes and interprets accounting
data, ensures timely reporting of the same.
- Supervises the performance and activities of Finance/Accounting
Department staff members. Provides guidance and training to ensure
staff development and promotability.
- Implements and manages internal controls to ensure the
integrity and safeguarding of the Centers financial activities,
including, but not limited to, Center operations, the Student
Welfare Fund, concessions and other student and staff financial
- Ensures efficient, accurate and timely management of the Job
Corps student pay systems and processes, in coordination with
Student Records function. Ensures efficient, accurate and timely
management of the SGA financial systems, processes and
- Assists the Director Team with budget planning, development and
management by providing accurate, timely and complete financial
data. Works with other departments to ensure success of
Finance/Accounting department, and to educate and support in
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively
motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job
responsibilities. Employs sound time-management and delegation
skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work,
develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that
fail to meet goals.
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a
supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and
proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Maintains adequate systems and controls to prevent theft, fraud
and abuse. Actively addresses integrity weaknesses, promotes staff
awareness, and develops effective internal control
- Mentors, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them
accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt /
appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned. i
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school in Accounting, or in an
associated business field including satisfactorily passing
Intermediate Accounting I, II and III as well as two years
experience in Accounting, and two years supervisory experience
and/or Job Corps finance managerial training during employment as
an Adams Accountant. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft
Suite of applications required. Must successfully pass company
accounting accuracy tests.
Keywords: ADAMS AND ASSOCIATES INC, Philadelphia , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!