Sr. Internal Auditor- Finance & Public Accounting (Remote- Northeast NY preferred)
Company: PAR Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Internal Auditor- Finance & Public Accounting
(Remote- Northeast NY preferred)
Hi there! Have you noticed that the restaurant industry is
We're PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals
and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously.
As a leading provider of restaurant technology to the top
restaurant brands in the world we're calling all rebels,
instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing
team. If you've excelled at every job you've held but always
thought something was missing, please, read on.
The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal
Audit and will be a critical part of the PAR Technology Audit Team.
The candidate will interact on a regular basis with accounting,
finance and business personnel. The candidate will be responsible
for performing financial, operational, compliance, and SOX reviews
in accordance with the internal audit plan.
What We're Looking For
- 2-5 years experience in Public Accounting, Internal Audit or
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA, CISA, CIA -
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements,
internal auditing standards, accounting, COSO and risk assessment
- Ability to identify risks and controls when evaluating various
- Ability to execute internal audits, including planning,
developing audit procedures/techniques and writing reports
- Ability to apply sound business and audit judgment in making
recommendations to management
- Strong project and time management and experience in performing
multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Experience working in a technology and/or services intensive
- Ability to work independently and as a team, with limited
required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction
to other internal audit project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to
effectively present to peers and management
- Located in Northeast New York
Why We Need You
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope
development as well as project execution as a critical team
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting
the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and
leading closing activities. Supervision includes assessing project
status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work
paper review and report preparation.
- Perform testing of the more complex/high risk areas; monitor
timely completion of SOX testing.
- Maintain accurate risk control matrices and ensure correlation
with the narrative documentation and test plans. Determine the
cause of audit exceptions and remediate deficiencies.
- Ensure quality of work including good self-review techniques
and thorough documentation to support audit conclusions.
- Develop recommendations for process improvements and
- Communicate timely with the department manager when problematic
issues or potential exceptions arise to promote transparency.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in
redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Facilitate management's SOX assessment by evaluating the design
and operating effectiveness of documented controls.
- Coordinate with external auditors and business process owners
on audit related matters.
Who We Are
PAR invented the FIRST point of sale terminal over 40 years ago,
yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant
technology. PAR's solutions are used to serve tens of millions of
guests every day in over 120 countries. Our mission is to build the
number one restaurant technology company in the world and we're off
to great start. We believe our customers want technology that is
open and fast that enables their ability to innovate.
We're looking for people who are hungry to go beyond the idea of
'just a job'. PAR's not for everyone though: We work hard, and we
really reward success. We push ourselves and each other to be
better every day. We're ferocious in battle but gentle in spirit.
We're hands-on people. We keep our room clean and make our bed
because details matter. We believe it is better to be fast than
big, and that being both is best. We believe diversity creates
strong systems and communities. We experiment. Sometimes we break
things, but we learn quickly. We're honest and our intentions are
good. And we always offer the last slice of dessert to our guests.
We've got each other's and our customers' backs no matter what.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to
attract and retain great people; people who are up for the
challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong
here, we should meet!
PAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Keywords: PAR Technology, Philadelphia , Sr. Internal Auditor- Finance & Public Accounting (Remote- Northeast NY preferred), Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!