WCG IRB Collection Specialist
Company: WCG Clinical
Posted on: November 23, 2021
General Information Location: Puyallup, WA, Remote Organization:
WCG IRB Job Type: Full Time - Regular Description and Requirements
JOB SUMMARY:-- Primary point of contact to monitor customer
accounts, research and resolve any payment issues, and attempt to
secure payment on delinquent accounts for the centralized
accounting for all IRB's. Make recommendations to senior Finance
leadership on how to manage delinquent accounts while ensuring a
high level of customer service. VACCINATION REQUIREMENT To be
considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by
WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable
reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption),
candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccine by start date. EDUCATON REQUIREMENTS Associate's degree (A.
A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two
years' prior credit/collections experience; or four years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years' prior credit/collections experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to write professional business correspondence.
- Understanding of State and Federal laws and regulations
pertaining to credit collection practices and compliance
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interests, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- All candidates must undergo a background and financial check
and will be required to acknowledge and comply with all policies
and regulations regarding proprietary information risks.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- Keyboarding at 30+ WPM and 10-key by touch.
- Ability to manage and regularly prioritize workload to meet
deadlines and adjust to fluctuations in workload.
- Exercises appropriate level of discretion in decision making
and applies critical thinking.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and
- Ability to express facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both
orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions.
- Team player; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ability to collaborate well with management, peers, vendors,
and corporate partners. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor client accounts including research and
resolving and payment issues.
- Be primary point of contact to secure payment on delinquent
accounts for the centralized accounting for all IRBs.
- Confer with customer by telephone and/or email in an attempt to
determine reasons for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales,
service, or credit contract with customer.
- Research file and work with other departments to resolve
billing issues while ensuring a high level of customer
- Analyze and make necessary recommendations for write offs to
Manager, Controller & CFO.
- Monitor and review the weekly past due spreadsheet.
- Record information about financial status of customer and
status of collection efforts.
- Prepare and distribute customer statements.
- Prepare month-end aged accounts receivable analysis.
- Evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency and
- Must maintain confidentiality in all matters and handle all
- Assist with related duties and special projects.
- Provide back-up coverage of departmental phone lines.
- Other duties as assigned. These may, on occasion, be unrelated
to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the
position. ABOUT US For over 50 years, WCG IRB has been at the
forefront of protecting the rights and welfare of human research
participants during all phases of clinical trials.-- Recognized as
the gold standard of human subject protection, WCG is the trusted
partner to over 1,000 institutions in the United States alone,
ranging from small community hospitals and research sites to large
academic medical centers and universities. Our unparalleled review
ensures that human research studies withstand scrutiny around the
world.#IND123#LI-REMOTE WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin or
ancestry, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship, veteran status, reprisal or any other legally
recognized basis or status protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: WCG Clinical, Philadelphia , WCG IRB Collection Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!