Accounts Receivable Manager - Cash Support/Collections
Company: Holy Redeemer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Accounts Receivable Manager- Patient Collections & Cash
SupportSUMMARY OF JOB:Responsible for the daily management of
patient receivable collections functions and financial clearance
unit for Hospital services and healthcare delivery. Responsible for
the daily management of the Hospital and central business office
cash departments, to ensure all cash is deposited and posted to the
appropriate EHR system and reconciled each day. Monitors the
activities of staff and external agencies to ensure collection
recoveries and acts as the primary liaison with vendor business
partners. Monitors the daily workflow, quality and productivity of
staff and ensures staff meets reasonable work expectations.
Responsible to monitor, approve and ensure compliance with bad debt
and charity care guidelines. Collaborates with Health System
departments to achieve the Redeemer Health CBO key performance
metric targets established by Senior Leadership.CONNECTING TO
MISSION:All individuals, within the scope of their position are
responsible to perform their job according to the Missions & Values
of the Health System. Regardless of position, every job contributes
to the challenge of providing health care. There is an ongoing
responsibility to ensure the values of Respect, Compassion,
Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Approach, Stewardship and
Collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and
in the services we provide. The Corporate Finance Department
strives to contribute to this mission by working with the entire
organization to provide the most positive financial climate
possible, for continued caring, comforting, and healing for all in
- Bachelor's Degree required. A combination of education and
experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five plus (5+) years of progressive billing and
collections experience working for a healthcare provider
- HFMA or AAHAM professional certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all government and
payer billing regulations and payer requirements, knowledge of
third party payer contracting language and reimbursement
- Understanding of healthcare accounting procedures as they
relate to receivables management and reporting. Knowledge of all
state and federal regulations related to patient collections
efforts and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of all state and federal regulations related to
patient collections efforts and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD10, CPT, and HCPC
- Familiar with--------multiple (widely used)--------healthcare
patient accounting/billing systems.
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Office, Internet Explorer, and
Database Management application software.
- Must be able to test at the intermediate level in Word and
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal.
Additional languages are preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and accurately process high
volumes of work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good analytical skills, assertive in resolving unpaid
Keywords: Holy Redeemer, Philadelphia , Accounts Receivable Manager - Cash Support/Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!