Company: Corps Team / Mom Corps
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client, a busy family that owns multiple investment
properties, is seeking a Accounant in Philadelphia.
MUST BE LOCAL TO THE PHILLY AREA.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Accountant
The scope of work ranges from managing the principals' regular
domestic accounts payable and receivable to handling matters
related to insurance, banking arrangements and reconciliations,
home contents insurance, health care insurance, financial
problem-solving, payroll, tax records preparation, foundation
charity payment administration, financial record keeping and
reporting, and some HR-related work. On occasion, some
administrative tasks may also be required. The core of the work
combines elements of bookkeeping and accounting. It is highly
detailed, demands meticulous and thorough attention to detail, and
comprehensive hard-copy and digital record-keeping. It requires
ongoing monthly trend analysis reports of all costs incurred. The
nature of the position requires ease with multi-tasking which is
the rule and not the exception.
- Organize, record and summarize all contracts by category.
Update and track for accuracy all payments and related data
relative to each individual contract in real time.
- Ensure that all such records are always clearly and easily
identifiable and accessible to employers .
- Question and verify accuracy and appropriateness of all
financial aspects of vendor contract proposals. Payables and
Receivables: Track, monitor, critique, reconcile and recommend all
payables invoices presented for payment, from point of dated
receipt to payment.
- Verify that all payment proposals and requests are reasonable
and compare favorably to properly documented and recorded past
- Use QuickBooks to capture all key payables and receivables
data, and to prepare and print requested reports. Any electronic
payment through Quickbooks may only be authorized by one or other
- Ensure all credits are properly recorded in statements
received. These include all retail store credits (including gift
cards) received by one or other principal. Record all department
store point and gift cards and communicate same to owner at weekly
- Ensure that all credit slips received are tracked and filed;
and that principals are aware of how to locate them.
- Organize detailed spreadsheets, records and digital/hard copy
files of payables and receivables as needed.
- Automate payments, reports and other financial processes as
much as possible.
- Initiate trend reports to show significant variations in
expenditures from like period to like period, at least for larger
items of expense and otherwise if requested.
- The employers need to know at any time both aggregate expenses
and detailed expenses by category and/or account, in order to
oversee their financial position. This requires preparation of
monthly, annual and periodic long-term budgets; monitoring payments
and variances to actual expenses relative to those budgets; and
reporting variances to principals at least monthly. To
- Regular outgoing payments for properties
- Capital expenditures and tracking Fixed costs, separately, for
each of two properties.
- Tracking progress payments to a wide range of assorted vendors
- The principals need to know at all times where to locate
current and past records for all vendors.
- Research best possible insurance coverages and premiums and
recommend same to principals
- Serve as principal contact with insurance broker(s) for home,
auto, health care and special items insurance.
- Prepare (or have prepared) detailed schedules of insured items,
based on periodic inventories and appraisals of items at both homes
and any items in storage. To include description of insured
item(s), purchase amount, purchase date, and most current
- Update insurer promptly about insurable items purchased or
- Monitor and record periodic inventory taking of principals'
jewelry, artwork and antiques. Records:
- Create and maintain accurate, precise, clear, and easily
accessible written and digital records.
- Scan and label all documents with fewest necessary hard copies
filed. Original signed hard copies must be filed in the office.
Labelling of documents is critical to help facilitate future
searches for records.
- Maintain only necessary hard copy records in the office.
Properly control those sent to storage. Purge records annually if
no longer needed. Maintain all key records for up to seven (7)
years, except for tangible personal property records, whether in
office or in storage, to be kept indefinitely. Financial
- Handle a diverse range of domestic and international financial
transactions related mainly to travel, home furnishing and related
- Tackle issues related to payables and receivables
- Ensure all state taxes on imported items are either paid
promptly or, as directed by principals' accountant, captured in
periodic tax returns.
- Interface with principals' accountant (and investment manager)
- Gather, sort and submit tax data for outside accountant to
prepare taxes. Complete tax forms for signature by principals for
assorted tax jurisdictions. (Note - Tax preparation proper is
- Interface with principals' investment manager (and accountant)
as needed. Coordinate with investment manager the funding of
multiple accounts as needed to meet principals' current and
anticipated financial obligations. Banking:Oversee and reconcile
all bank accounts at least monthly, to include a monthly
reconciliation report to principal for approval.
- Maintain a summary of both book and available balances in all
accounts, on a master spreadsheet, at least weekly.
- Record all bank deposits for accounting and tax report
- Ensure all check books and deposit slips are available as
- Obtain petty cash from bank as needed by principals and
selected vendors and ensure proper accountability for same.
- Convert principals' cumulative coinage to notes, periodically,
as needed. Payroll:
- Provide and track principals' domestic payroll including
histories of employment / birthdates/ anniversaries/ salary and
other compensation adjustments/ performance reviews, as well as
maintain individual personnel files as instructed by labor counsel.
Advise principals of all upcoming domestic employee employment and
birthday anniversaries in advance
- Oversee the withholding of various employment taxes and other
withholdings from payroll by outside payroll service and payment of
same to various state and local authorities.
- Oversee the selection process for health care plans, for both
employers and their employees.
- Oversee tracking of all domestic employee vacation time
- Interface as needed with third party payroll service (as of May
2016 and until further notice, this is Paychex).Other:
- May perform other sustainable financial and practical tasks as
needed. May include interfacing with legal counsel, assorted
vendors, and other third parties.
- Must have BS in Accounting
- 8+ years of solid accounting experience
- Conversant with QuickBooks
- Adept with technology
- Employer/employment longevity
- Must be able to work onsite, Philadelphia (Center City)
Keywords: Corps Team / Mom Corps, Philadelphia , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Mantua, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!