Senior Director, Strategic Pricing - (Remote
Company: Worldwide Clinical Trials, LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Director, Strategic Pricing - (Remote) Requisition Number
1782 Employment Type : Regular We're a global, mid-size CRO that
pushes boundaries, innovates and invents - because the path to a
cure for the world's most persist diseases is not paved by those
who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative
approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are
experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are
changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible
way. SUMMARY: The Sr. Director of Commercial Solutions will support
the development of innovative and dynamic commercial offerings for
our sponsors. They will partner with Business Development, Finance
and Global Clinical Development teams to prepare these
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Line Management, Mentoring and Coaching of team members to
advance their pricing, commercial offerings and negotiation
- Provides integrated pricing support across functions and
therapeutic delivery units in support of customers and the targeted
therapeutic areas for all opportunities greater than
- Training of all new operations, business development,
proposals/contracts team members on pricing tools.
- Works with internal customers to translate operational
strategies into cost-competitive solutions that align with customer
- Maintain continuity of pricing and delivery models across key
sponsor portfolio (strategic accounts) and ability to grow with
other strategic accounts. Work with the assigned internal team and
sponsor representatives to assure alignment around scope internal
and client grids.
- Develop and implement training in support of pricing
initiatives for the proposal/contract teams.
- Act as a conduit and extension for Finance to drive Change
Order process to identify out of scope activities and increase
- Advise, consult and liaise with Finance on forecasting and
recognition of actuals (Revenue & Cost) to provide
project/portfolio level performance.
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of our
pricing systems (i.e. benchmarking and budget tool(s)).
- Contribute to the development of corporate bill rates.
- Works with internal and external customers to create and
implement traditional and non-traditional pricing/delivery
alternatives, tactics and methodologies to meet customer needs
- Leads discussions on business pricing/delivery strategy and
direction and ensures a consistent application of our strategies
across all opportunities.
- Negotiates financial and business terms for contracts involving
traditional and non-traditional pricing models.
- Support process improvement initiatives to identify, plan and
implement key projects to improve quality, increase productivity
and improve cycle time, resulting in significant business
improvement and customer satisfaction (Worldwide/Sponsor).
- Support Business Development and Operations in conducting
project and sponsor relationship reviews to ensure projects are
delivered to the appropriate procedures, time, budget and sponsor
- Participation in internal and external meetings, initiatives
and presentations as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of
the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge of pricing, finance, operations, contract
negotiations and CRO industry.
- Strategic business and Industry awareness.--
- Strong analytical skills and experience in evaluating business
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work
simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Proven experience and ability to coach and mentor staff and
- Ability to design and implement pricing, delivery and budgeting
strategies to drive growth for a global organization.
- Strong excel and financial analysis skills sufficient to
support analysis and development of delivery. strategies and
budgets, pricing methodologies and systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
customers, executive leadership, peers, managers and
- Out-of-the-box mentality where "making the impossible possible"
is top of mind for any project involvement.
- Metrics driven, and goal oriented with a strong attention to
detail. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:--
- Must have experience of both traditional and non-traditional
- Ability to model and QC complex Excel solutions and design and
implement large structural changes in Excel based systems.
- Knowledge of costing models and ability to analyze resourcing
and vendor algorithms.
- Knowledge of how pricing integrates within other
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills in very stressful
situations with sponsors (must have experience
negotiation/influencing sponsors. Internal stakeholders not
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a CRO, health care
consultancy or Pharmaceutical/Biotech company. Commercial strategy
experience, ideally in pricing, forecasting and general commercial
- Deep knowledge of CRO Industry
- Possess strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any
basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin,
religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or
disability. --Worldwide Clinical Trials does not accept unsolicited
resumes from 3rd party vendors We only accept resumes from staffing
organizations with pre-approved contractual agreements. Please do
not forward resumes directly to our hiring managers, jobs alias, or
any other company location. Unsolicited resumes from employment
agencies will not be considered and Worldwide is not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Worldwide Clinical Trials, LLC, Philadelphia , Senior Director, Strategic Pricing - (Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!