Audit/Assurance Senior Associate - Philadelphia (I&B)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the
opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business
advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to
large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many
have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest
technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll
focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing
corporate governance and the reliability of our clients'
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly
changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an
authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all
lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC
Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives
us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and
career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as
individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and
in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem
solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to
execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this
management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal
strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach
to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights
from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality,
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Passed CPA Exam. International hires are required to have passed
the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected
individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must
meet the credential requirements for a PwC US senior associate in
that PwC affiliate firm.
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CPA license. International hires or hires from a PwC affiliate firm
must have obtained the equivalent accounting credential in selected
individual's home country.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United
States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards,
emphasizing an overall extensive understanding - for the respective
industry - of the applicable business and accounting issues, and
technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team
leader and team member in a professional services consulting firms,
including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Staying current and applying applicable technical accounting and
financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical
issues through effective analysis of accounting
- Understanding and applying effectively auditing standards, firm
audit methodology and guidance in work, proactively seeking to
apply new guidance and tools in performing audit work;
- Setting leading examples with professional skepticism,
independence, and objectivity, e.g. considering where client
incentives or pressures exist and supporting the team in navigating
- Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and
communicating them effectively to team members and the client;
- Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and
coaching others--taking responsibility for the quality of work and
performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice
of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting
processes, and management of engagement economics; and,
- Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and
problem solving - including Interpreting data/research, drawing
conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic
trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities
- Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and
global business considerations;
- Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team; and,
- Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential
opportunities for global convergences and divergence in
- Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to
juggle new and multiple tasks;
- Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support
to more junior team members;
- Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work
- Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and
receive feedback openly.
- Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of
communication styles across different contexts;
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating
others' needs and tailoring content appropriately;
- Playing a role in discussions, proactively ask questions and
share an informed point of view;
- Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be
comfortable challenging an established point of view.
So what does a typical day look like? http://PwC.to/joe
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national
origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity
or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran,
marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by
law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity
Keywords: PwC, Philadelphia , Audit/Assurance Senior Associate - Philadelphia (I&B), Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!