Project Accountant I
Company: WSP-Parsons Brinckerhoff
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Project Accountant I (ID# 44549) Philadelphia, PA Category:
Project Accounting Job Type: Full Time Minimum Experience: 1-3
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Job Description Be involved
in projects with our Project Accounting Team and be a part of a
growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves
their challenges.At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right
people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our
devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand
our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours
as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!WSP is
currently initiating a search for a Project Accountant I for our
Philadelphia, PA office.Works independently under general
supervision. Provides non-technical support to project team.
Ensures contract, BMS and quality procedures of the operating
company are met. Assure that all data in Oracle is up to date on
assigned projects, including funding, budgets and project
maintenance.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand contracts, especially with regards to
method of compensation and subconsultant terms.
- Enters and modifies data in Oracle as directed by Senior PA.
Completes initial project set-up in Oracle, for review by senior
- Reviews and processes sub-consultant invoices and enters
sub-consultant purchase orders, as directed by Senior PA.
- Directs billers on invoice requirements, including preparation,
format and distribution, and follows up on any delinquent accounts
receivable and/or unbilled costs through resolution
- Reviews and approves invoices prepared by billers, coordinates
approval and submittal to Client
- Coordinates sub payments
- Attends project related meetings as directed
- Generates project financial reports from Oracle.
- Assists with project closeout duties
- Reviews project charges, coordinates and completes cost
transfers as needed
- Ensures appropriate document control procedures are
- Other duties as assignedTalent is the essence of meeting our
clients objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit
for you, wed love to have that first discussion of you joining our
team. Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (pr equivalent experience in a related
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills,
ability to work with all levels of teams, strong attention to
detail, and solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with
accounting software is preferred.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSPs Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
policiesAbout WSP USAWSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one
of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms.
Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners,
technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management
professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the
transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors.
With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner
with our clients to help communities prosper.www.wsp.com/usaWSP
provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on
a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees
career.At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they
seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily
contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting
client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get
started?As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP
USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer -
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin and Veterans and Disability.The selected candidate must be
authorized to work in the United States.WSP USA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and
Keywords: WSP-Parsons Brinckerhoff, Philadelphia , Project Accountant I, Accounting, Auditing , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!